"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hilary Rodham Clinton Shares with New York Times Her Favourite Books

Hilary Clinton's memoir, Hard Choices, just hit bookshelves across the continent.  In this interview with the New York Times, she shares her favourite books, those she read to her daughter, and those which have had influence in her life.  You may be surprised at what you read in this column.


Currently she's reading Goldfinch by Donna Tartt; Maya Angelou's Mom & Me & Mom; and Missing You, the recent release by author Harlan Coben.

I'm reading Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Death of Lucy Kyte by Nicola Upson.

What we have in common, pertaining to our reading tastes:

Book with greatest influence:  the Bible

Author whose series must be read as they come available:  Louise Penny

Guilty pleasures:  gardening books...

She and I both read John Grisham!

I like her taste in books.  I just may have to pick up her memoir after all.  I really wasn't going to because I didn't like the person the media makes her out to be but maybe I was wrong.  Maybe the media is wrong.  Perhaps not.  At any rate, I now want to read Hard Choices.


Will you?  


1 comment:

  1. Did you know: Hilary Clinton's memoir, Hard Choices, has been banned in China?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...