"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays 9/08/11

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Should Be Reading.  Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"According to Stephanie Aaron, Tom was okay, but he didn't look it.  He looked pale, shaken, fragile.  Alice had imagined that a negative result for any of them would be a relief, clean and simple. But they were a family, yoked by history and DNA and love." ~ page 109, Still Alice by Lisa Genova





"Hey wait!  'Fore we.." but before Scott could finish his sentence, their lips touched.  A floating sensation washed over both of them. Surprised at her own forwardness, Hannah relished the moment.  Her first kiss.  She couldn't imagine any better setting." ~ page 119, Huber Hill and the Dead Man's Treasure by B.K. Bostick






"It was one of the rare occasions when Miss Potts left the office before me, and I was just locking the top drawer of my desk before going home, when I heard the footsteps running up the stairs.  It could only be one man.

I looked up, and the man I'd hoped never to see again was standing in the doorway, pent-up fury blazing in his eyes." 
~ page 159, Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer.

Have you entered the contest to win a copy of this book?  If not, click here to enter!






Now that your appetite is whetted, and your mind teased by these three novels, I hope you will share in your comments a link to your Teasers so I can return the visit.  Happy Reading!


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesday! I've read 'Still Alice'. It was the first selection I read for my book club almost 2 years ago. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Still Alice on my TBR list, it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed all three but pick Huber Hill and the Dead Man's Treasure as my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 teasers for the price of one! Fabulous. I must read STILL ALICE. It's been on my shelf for some time. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still Alice sounds interesting. The teaser that truly teased me was 'only time will tell'.
    She stated: 'it can only be one man', and when she looked up the last man she ever wanted to see was in the door way. So was he that 'only man' that it could of only been or was she surprised to see the man she hoped to never see standing there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are excellent teasers! It's been a really long time since I read anything by Jeffrey Archer - I'll have to give this one a look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm. maybe i'll have to check out Still Alice. Sounds good! i love 3 teasers -- a nice surprise :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    Trish - Check out my Teaser Tuesday HERE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh! Lovely interesting teasers :) Thanks for sharing.

    Take a look at my TT if you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still Alice looks like a really interesting read! Thanks for stopping by!

    A Written Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

    My blog:
    DSL Vergleich dslvergleichdsl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do have a twitter account and this blog is on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting points. Thanks!

    My blog:
    rachat de credit marseille rachat de credits

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...