"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Monday, July 18, 2011

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  This meme is for us bookish people to share what we read the previous week, what we are now reading and what we plan/hope to read in the near future.  Your wish list is sure to change after reading the various participants' posts!

This past week I read (click on the underlined title for the review):

The Cat Who Turned On and Off by Lillian Jackson Braun

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

Alzheimer's Killing Me Unknowingly by Jana Pryor

Don't Let Your Mechanic Pick Your Pocket by George A. Moyer (a retired mechanic and shop owner)

Additional posts this week include:


A Stranger's Choice which is a relatively new idea wherein I find new books by talking to complete strangers!  A bit nerve-wracking for someone who is relatively shy, so it's a good thing.  This week I discuss the book "The Book of Awesome".  Do you find joy in popping bubble wrap, smashing a past-it's prime appliance, splashing in a rain puddle?  This book is full of ideas like this to boost your mood!




Celebrating the release of the final Harry Potter movie, The Deathly Hallows Part 2, I joined in the festivities with a couple posts:


and a new book:


 Have you seen the movie yet?  If you have, I am jealous *pout*.  Hopefully this week!!

And lastly for this week's posts/updates you may visit In My Mailbox (Just Received) to see what's new on My Bookshelf.  In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme I like to participate in wherein participants share what arrived in their mailbox, or their bookish purchases or loans.

This week I am currently reading:

I am re-reading the second of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, as I participate in the Harry Potter Read Along 2011 at Giraffe Days.

Second, I am re-reading Agatha Christie's Body in the Library for the Agatha Christie Blog Carnival.

Thirdly, I am reading ROOM by Emma Donaghue!  I am so excited to begin reading this novel.  I have been wanting to read it for months now!

I hope to read:

This coming week I hope to finish all three of the above mentioned "currently reading" titles.  Beyond that, I'd like to tackle more of my TBR pile.


What's in store for you this week?  Have you read an exciting book this summer that you'd recommend for a day at the beach?  Please comment below and leave a link to your It's Monday, What Are You Reading? so I may return the visit.  Love to hear from all of you!!

Here's to a terrific week everyone!



Love this photo and just had to share it!! Source:  New York Times

10 comments:

  1. Your reading list week contains some of my favourites. Happy a wonderful week and enjoy your books.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy ROOM. It sounds like a good read to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Don't smack me but I have seen the Harry Potter movie..LOL. I thought it was pretty good, I am not a huge HP fan but I like them we enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I will post Wither next week and I have not started Tris and Izzie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. another agatha fan! yay!
    happy reading "))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listened to the HP series on CD up to book 5 so I am behind. I don't think I could bring myself to read them after listening.
    I like your stranger's choice idea - cool!
    Oh - I do hope you enjoy Room. It is emotional.
    Have a grand week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love HP! I have read them all several times. Happy reading!

    Thank you for stopping at my blog earlier - new follower :)

    Zoe

    bookhi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I listened to Room last week. It was really good. My review will be up next week (I love being ahead on my reading).

    Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Book of Awesome is right up my alley! I might have to add it to my list as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...