"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 5/16/11


It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week…. and anything in between!  This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well… you never know where that next “must read” book will come from! It's Monday, What Are You Reading meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

Last week I finished The Secret of Indigo Moon (A DoppleGanger Chronicles book) by G.P.Taylor.  This was a fun juvenile fiction graphic novel, my first!  It reads like a novel interspersed with comics.  It's a really neat approach that readers 9-13 or greater will really enjoy.  You can read my review here.

Book club is coming up this Thursday and I am about half-way through Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy.  It's an excellent read.  I was hesitant at first, after reading Quentins and not being overly thrilled; I was a little less than animated about reading it, but a dear friend assured me it is so much better than Quentins and...she was right! 


Also on my reading agenda is 21 Century Great Global Depression by Orest Andrew Harrison which I began this a while ago, maybe ahem...a couple months ago...but put it aside for some more pressing reading.  I started with it again recently and it still remains as a current read on my Shelfari shelf.  Hopefully I can change that soon!

A Time To...A Baby Boomer's Spiritual Adventure by Ronald Louis Peterson is my other read.  I've only just begun.  It starts off with 911, yes, the terrorist attack on the US.  I haven't gotten far so I can't tell you more than that.  It looks promising though.


It's Monday, what are you reading?  I'm interested.


18 comments:

  1. Minding Frankie is on my TBR list as well - looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

    Here is my Monday post:
    http://www.handsandhome.ca/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only read one Maeve Binchy novel, Heart and Soul!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover for Minding Frankie, I might have to check that one out :)

    Please feel free to stop by my Monday here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minding Frankie sounds pretty interesting! I hope you enjoy it and it makes for great discussion at book club. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you will have a wonderful week of reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Minding Frankie has been one I've wanted to pick up for some time! I hope you love it!

    Hope you have a fabulous reading week and if you get a second stop my to see what I've been reading at There's A Book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite an eclectic list of books. I haven't read a Maeve Binchey in years but used to love her books. Something comforting about them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting reading choices! I am glad you are enjoying the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe I have Minding Frankie but I haven't read it yet. I've only read one of her books -- The Glass Lake, many years ago! I'll have to try Minding Frankie, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not familiar with these books but I wish you a Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am still reading Little Bee by Chris Cleave. I keep leaving it in my car so I only read when I'm out and about waiting in line somewhere. I supppose if I want to finish, I ought to bring it in the house. Lol. I am also reading "God Ain't Blind by Mary Monroe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love Maeve Binchy, and have had my eye on Minding Frankie.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to read Maeve Binchy but have gotten away from her, may be time for a return trip.

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was reading "Night Road" by Kristin Hannah on Monday. Thanks for commenting on my review of it. I also shared a teaser from it. Now I'm reading "Out Of My Mind" by Sharon Draper. This one is a kids book, but very good about a girl with Cerebal Palsy who is very smart but she can't talk or walk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shirley,
    Kristin Hannah seems to like gardens. I read "Winter Garden" by her and the mother in "Night Road" also had a flower garden that was symbolic of life. I bet "Forgotten Garden" is good too. You should see if the library has it. I have about 5 or 6 more of her books on order from our library and look forward to reading them.

    Check out our blogs:
    Grab A Book From Our Stack
    (Always Looking Up)

    (Right Where We Belong)
    (My Funny Dad, Harry
    www.twitter.com/kzemek

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not read any of these... :( Enjoy your books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Shirley!
    Great list :)...I've always wanted to read a Maeve Binchy book, but haven't yet. I'm going to add something by her to my GoodReads wishlist right now so I don't forget!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    www.readingwithrebecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...