"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Harry Potter's Conclusion Has Us On the Edge of Our Seats




Have you seen this trailer yet?  Sheila at Book Journey posted it last week and it was the first time I'd seen the trailer!  I cannot tell you how excited I am to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2!

Our Potter mania began some 10 years ago when I ordered Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone from the Scholastic book forms that came around to all the elementary school children.  I had not yet heard about Harry Potter but purchased on the basis of the cover alone. Harry Potter did not disappoint.  In fact, it tantalized.  Young minds everywhere, mine included, turned to books for the love of the young wizard and his misadventures.  The trial of good vs evil captured the imaginations of young readers and non-readers, spreading enchantments for books world-wide!  J.K. Rowling, thank you!!

My children hadn't been huge on reading, which I cannot figure out since we frequented the library often, participating in their summer reading programs and visiting the travelling Books on Wheels (a school bus designed to bring books into the neighborhoods all over the city).  Could it be that I instituted an evening reading time for everyone?   Or the time my three year old didn't get off the elevator in the library when her brothers and I did and rode alone to the top (third) floor.  We did quickly retrieve her and she was fine.  Do you think that could that have minimized the joy of reading (especially associated with a library)?  We kept going, riding the elevator with a mindful eye on the little princess and she was fine with it, even looked forward to it, so likely not.

For years though, I was the only one enthralled by books.  But, introduce the world of wizardry and witchcraft and voila!  Magic is born and she is an avid reader!!  The boys never did catch the Potter bug, but she and I did.  She, who is now an adult, has read each novel in the series a few times, so have I, and the mania continues.  We're even discussing attending the midnight premiere in July!!  Crazy?  Maybe a little but who can resist?  I just hope I don't fall asleep, given the hour, and start snoring!!  Oh, the horrors that'd be heard in the theatre, and I am not referring to the movie.  I'd never live it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...